Feeling stressed? Relax and unwind with these top tips!
It’s easy to let stress and worry get the better of us, but it doesn’t have to be that way! Try some of these techniques to help you unwind.
1. Breathe – It’s really as simple as that! Although it’s something we do naturally, we often forget that it’s one of our most useful tools to battle stress. If you’re feeling overwhelmed, take 2 minutes to close your eyes and focus on your breathing – inhale through your nose and exhale thought your mouth, unclench your jaw, and relax your shoulders. After a couple of minutes you’ll find some of the tension has left your body!
2. Keep A Journal – This is a great way to expel all of the stress from your body. You might choose to list down all of your negative emotions, or perhaps write a short entry about your feelings that day. It’s useful to try and write down some positive things you experienced too – even if it’s just a small triumph, you should write it down if it made you feel good!
3. Connect With Nature – Being in the great outdoors can be great for our physical and mental health! Some people might find a solo hike helps them clear their head, whilst others can feel calmer out in the garden with their loved ones. It doesn’t matter which you would prefer, as long as you’re enjoying yourself and giving yourself some much needed relaxation. If you’re more of a doing person you might like this article on how gardening can benefit you!
4. Savour Scents – Take some time to explore different scents and find which ones take you into your chilled zone. Try using a lavender scented spray, or lighting a rose scented candle, or maybe using some invigorating peppermint body wash to revitalise your senses!
5. Exercise – Not only is exercise good for your body, but it’s great for your mind as well! If you’re not a fan of heavy exercise then that’s ok – try some gentle yoga stretches or a 30 minute walk to get your body releasing those happy endorphins, and it’s also a super opportunity for you to clear your mind and focus on yourself!