Try this delicious Christmas pudding recipe from our friends at Zest Restaurant!
100g chopped almonds
½ orange, zest & juice
½ lemon, zest & juice
½ carrot finely grated
½ apple grated
125g fresh white breadcrumbs
125g plain flour
200g demerara sugar
1 pinch salt
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground mixed spice
55g candied mixed peel
55g glace cherries, finely diced
1. Thoroughly mix all the ingredients together.
2. Cover and refrigerate for at least 48 hours.
3. Divide mixture into 200g basins/molds, steam bake for 3 hours.
4. When cool, pour a little of the brandy into each basin/mold.
5. Wrap in muslin and brush over with clarified butter to make airtight.