National Recycle Week
As part of our pledge in supporting Recycle Week, the Green Park Management Team encourage everyone to join us in taking part in this national annual event.
This year, people have been motivated to care about plastics in a way they never have before.
Sustainability is firmly on the national agenda and the public is looking to organisations to help solve major environmental issues. That makes Recycle Week a greater opportunity than ever to change people’s recycling behaviours while gaining positive publicity and building your organisation’s reputation.
Now in its 15th year, Recycle Week is a celebration of recycling, organised by WRAP under the Recycle Now brand. The aim of the week is to encourage the public to recycle more, by demonstrating the benefits of recycling items from all around the home.
We will be visiting all Green Park multilet buildings promoting reducing and reusing. Please visit to discuss all things recycling.
- Monday 24 September, 12:00 – 14:00 – 100 Longwater Avenue
- Tuesday 25 September, 12:00 – 14:00 – 200 Longwater Avenue
- Wednesday 26 September, 12:00 – 14:00 – 400 South Oak Way
- Thursday 27 September, 12:00 – 14:00 – Lime Square, as part of the Green Park Food Festival
- Friday 28 September, 12:00 – 14:00 – 200 Longwater Avenue and 250 Longwater Avenue
There are many things which can be looked at in all workplaces to improve recycling/waste minimization, and what better time than Recycle Week to think about making the change!
Please find below a list of ideas of activities which you could roll out within your own workplaces:
- Putting up posters to raise awareness
- Re-labelling bin signage
- In-house training session
- Data reporting / analysis
- Collecting staff suggestions
- Stationery amnesty
- Clear out – donation to charity
- Upcycling project
For more ideas and information visit WRAP.