10 healthy snacks to keep you going
Swap your normal snacks for one of these healthy ones to give you energy throughout the day!
It’s super easy to reach for the crisps or chocolate when we need a quick pick me up during the day, but we can feel the slump later on as the energy only lasts for so long! By trying these quick and simple snacks you can keep your body and mind energised throughout the day.
1. Popcorn – Not only a great treat for the cinema, but it is high in fibre and low in calories.
2. Dark Chocolate Covered Nuts – Dark chocolate is full of antioxidants and the nuts will provide healthy fats to keep you fuller for longer.
3. Hard Boiled Eggs – Just one large hardboiled egg can provide almost every nutrient you need, and they are super easy to make!
4. Greek Yoghurt – If eaten plain and unsweetened, it contains more protein than normal yoghurt and is rich in calcium.
5. Sliced Apples & Peanut Butter – Such a satisfying snack! The peanut butter contains healthy fats and the apples are high in fibre and water which makes them extra filling.
6. Roasted Chickpeas – Considered to be of higher quality than other legumes and contains most of the amino acids they your body needs.
7. Dried Fruit & Nuts – Both of these are loaded with fibre to keep you full and rich in healthy fats and proteins.
8. Avocado & Brown Rice Cakes – Avocado is high in fats and fibre, so mash or slice them, pop them on your rice cakes, and dig in!
9. Edamame – Loaded with high quality, plant-based protein, you can enjoy these snack either steamed, boiled or dried.
10. Carrots & Hummus – We all know that carrots can help us see in the dark, but did you know that the vitamin A in them can help boost your immune system?